Hello, I’m Clinton Jeff
I am driven by my ever-growing interest in internet memes, but mostly I’m all about technology!
I like long walks, taking my car out on long rides, taking pictures with his camera-phone and ‘opening things’ to improve them.
It’s a bit hard to explain what I do, but here’s a bit about what I’ve done so far.
My full résumé can be found here below – [Downloadable PDF version]
May 2015 – Current
Xiaomi – Product PR Lead
Responsible for the development, execution, and measurement of the Product PR strategy for Xiaomi’s devices in the India subcontinent.
My responsibilities include creating successful communication solutions for product launches, as well as building and managing relationships with key press, analysts, bloggers, YouTubers, and influencers in the industry.
For 2015 – 2016 my responsibilities also extended to execution of the product marketing, social media, and PR for Xiaomi India comprising of corporate, consumer, business and CSR communication.
During this time I worked directly with Xiaomi Global VP, Hugo Barra, led both corporate, as well as, product PR efforts for Xiaomi India, and was the lead project manager for the launch of Xiaomi’s ‘Make in India’ efforts, at an event in Vizag.
During this time I also built social properties for Xiaomi India including:
- An Instagram handle – Instagram.com/MiIndiaOfficial
- And a YouTube channel – YouTube.com/MiIndiaOfficial
For 2016, my responsibilities revolved around leading the Product PR and marketing initiatives and sustenance for India device launches including:
- Redmi Note 3
- Redmi 3S & Redmi 3S Prime
- Mi 5
- Mi Max
- Mi Air Purifier 2
I also contributed to global efforts for Xiaomi at Mobile World Congress 2016, and Global PR efforts for the China launch of Mi MIX, a concept smartphone that jumpstarted the trend of phones with minimal bezel, and led a press junket for Indian media to China for the launch.
In 2017, my responsibilities revolved around leading the Product PR and marketing initiatives and sustenance for India device launches including
- Redmi Note 4
- Redmi 4A
- Redmi 4
- Mi Router 3C
- Mi Max 2
- Mi MIX 2
- Redmi Y1
- Redmi 5A
The highlight of my year, was leading product PR efforts for the global launch of Mi A1, the best of Xiaomi and Google coming together in a smartphone and reigniting the Android One program.
I also attended CES 2017 in Las Vegas to support global media efforts for Xiaomi at our booth, contributed to the China launch of Mi 6, and MIX 2, both of which included a press junket, and assisted with the Malaysia launch of Mi A1 in Kuala Lumpur.
June 2008 – May 2015
UnleashThePhones.com I Founder & Executive Editor
At the time when the blogging and content creator scene had yet to take off in India, I created a personal blog that was initially meant to be mainly travel + tech as I backpacked across India.
Eventually UnleashThePhones.com grew into a massive global technology blog that broke news stories, had our own sources for tech company leaks, and has been referenced by several major global publications including Engadget, The Verge, The Next Web, Android Central, Windows Central, AllAboutSymbian, AllAboutWindowsPhone, and more.
My duties as Executive Editor and Founder, included:
- Covering Technology News, Device Reviews, and Editorials
- Covering Technology launches and press events
- Leading an international team of 9 editors that I built, based across New Delhi, Mumbai, Sydney, Singapore, New York City, London, and Kuwait
- Leading all executive decisions and press relations for UnleashThePhones
- Leading UnleashThePhones Twitter, Facebook and Google Plus accounts
- Handling all website hosting, service payments, and IT requirements
- Oversaw and carried out rebranding from ZOMGitsCj.com
- Forum Nokia Developer Conference 2009
- CES 2011
- SXSW 2011
- CommunicAsia 2011
- Intel AppUp Elements Conference 2011 in Seattle
- Adobe MAX 2011 in Los Angeles
- Nokia World 2011 (Nokia Lumia Launch) in London
- IFA 2011 in Berlin
- Mobile World Congress 2012 in Barcelona
- Nokia World 2012 in Berlin
- IFA 2012 in Berlin
- Mobile World Congress 2013 in Barcelona
- Nokia World 2013 in Abu Dhabi
- CES 2015 in Las Vegas
- Mobile World Congress 2015 in Barcelona
- Sony Xperia Play Launch in Singapore (June 2011)
- Symbian Belle Launch (Nokia 700, 701, 600 Launch) in Hong Kong (August 2011)
- HTC Desire SV Launch in Singapore (November 2012)
- Nokia Lumia 925 Launch in London (May 2013)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 series Launch in San Francisco (June 2013)
- Nokia Lumia 1020 Launch in New York City (July 2013)
- Nokia House HQ visit in Finland (August 2013)
- HTC One Max Launch in Singapore (October 2013)
- HTC Butterfly Launch in Tokyo (August 2014)
Global Launches in India:
- Nokia Asha Launch in New Delhi (May 2013)
- Nokia X Launch (March 2014)
- Moto E Launch (May 2014)
- Android One Launch by Google (October 2014)
- Xiaomi Mi 4I Launch (March 2015)
YouTube Partner I Content Creator at YouTube.com/ClintonJeff
Content creator, including video production, script development, marketing, brand development, advertising revenue, and search engine optimization.
Over the years, I created content based on smartphones and accessories from major brands that I had relations with, including Bose, HTC, Samsung, Xiaomi, Google, Microsoft, Nokia (Lumia, Symbian, Asha, E-series, N-Series), Sony, Sony Ericsson, LG, Micromax, Blackberry, Lenovo, Motorola, Intel, Vivo, Jabra, JBL, Coloud, Monster, Marshall, Sennheiser, and Plantronics.
My work as a YouTuber included:
- Record, edit and publish high-quality weekly product reviews, unboxings and interviews
- Hosted a weekly Google Hangout on Mobile News, with other online tech personalities
Collectively my videos have over 19,774,864 views, with my most popular content attaining over 1.8 – 1.1 Million views.
Here’s some examples of my work:-
2014 Vivo India I Keynote presenter at India launch.
Presented the Vivo X5Max portion of the keynote, at China smartphone brand Vivo Mobiles first entry into India. My role in the keynote was as a “Tech Expert” explaining the product to media at the launch event, as well as a secondary event.
Hindustan Times / Hindustan Times Brunch I Freelancer
Freelance weekly contributing editor to the Hindustan Times & Hindustan Times Brunch magazine. I covered articles pertaining to smartphones and how they can add & improve your daily routine.
I have also contributed quotes to HT as a leading Tech Expert.
2011-2012 Nokia Conversations I Contributing Guest Editor
At their prime, I contributed a handful of guest articles to Nokia Conversations, covering how-to guides and topics related to how your smartphone can contribute to your everyday routine and improve it.
Topics were centered around their Symbian smartphones, and later their Lumia smartphones.
Note: “Nokia Conversations” (http://conversations.Nokia.com) rebranded over to “Lumia Conversations”, after the Microsoft acquisition. It now exists absorbed into the Microsoft Devices Blog.
2011-2015 Television Appearances I Guest Tech Expert
Guest Tech Expert on several episodes of NDTV’s Cell Guru & Gadget Guru TV show, hosted by Tech Guru Rajiv Makhni. My appearances were focused on my opinion on current technology & tech products.
I also made appearances on NDTV Prime’s “Unboxed” and NDTV “Byte Me”.
In addition, I have also appeared on ETNow, CNBC India, and an episode of BBC Click’s global Podcast.
2009-2011 Bloggers’ Mind I Head of Consumer Strategy
Headed all social media efforts for Team Nokia, Team Yahoo, and worked with Airtel, Tata Docomo, and various other technology brands.
My work extended across coming up with social media campaigns across Orkut, Facebook, and Twitter, as well as blogger engagement campaigns including both online and offline engagement events.
- Supported Blogger Relations Team
- Managed Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Orkut accounts/communities for Nokia India, and Yahoo meme
- Devised all blogger interactions and reach-out initiatives
2007-2008 DarlaMack.com I Senior Editor, N-Gage
I covered all Nokia N-Gage and Symbian content for DarlaMack.com, which at the time was one of the leading sources of Nokia and Symbian news in North America.
2004-2007 Nokia Discussions & N-Gage Arena I N-Gage Elite, Moderator, Nokia Expert
Player of the month, and “N-Gage Elite” moderator of the Nokia N-Gage Arena, an international online forum of mobile gamers and Nokia enthusiasts.
I also actively contributed and participated in Nokia Discussions, Nokia’s official support forums, which led to me being given moderator status, along with a Nokia Expert designation to allow users to trust my feedback.
2003 – 2006 : NMAMIT, Karnataka
Completed coursework toward Bachelors in Computer Science Engineering.
- Class Representative for Semesters 1 and 2.
2001 – 2003 : Jabriya Indian School, Kuwait
11th and 12th standard, CBSE syllabus
- Graduated with 65 percent
- School Prefect
- Member of School Basketball Team
- Member of School Computer Science Enthusiasts Team
- Voted most likely to be famous at farewell prom
1999 – 2001 : Indian Public School, Kuwait
9th and 10th standard, CBSE syllabus
- Graduated with 75 percent
- Member of the Basketball Team
- Member of the Debate Team
- Member of the Computer Science Club
- Member of the Drama Club
1993 – 1998 : Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai
2nd to 8th standard ICSE syllabus
- Member of the Debate Team
- Member of the Drama Club
- Member of the Nature WWF Club
- Member of the UNESCO Club
- Member of the Goju-kai Karate Club
1990 – 1993 : Christ Church School, Mumbai
1990 : Indian School Kuwait, Kuwait
- Created a globally renowned technology blog
- Interviewed and profiled in various Indian and international publications including Times of India, BBC India’s technology podcast and German show “Zapp”
- Interviewed major tech personalities including Microsoft Lumia’s Stephen Elop, Xiaomi’s Hugo Barra, and Google’s Sundar Pichai.
- Due to an unfortunate incident with a major mobile phone company, appeared in several major new media publications around the world.
- Backpacked around India (2008)
- Black belt in Goju-kai Karate
- Cameo in Nokia N8 global announcement promo video
- Cameo in Nokia N97 “Don’t call it a comeback” promo video
INTERESTS & HOBBIES
- Technology (Smartphones & Accessories, and Smart Home products, particularly)
- Photography (Street, Food, and Portrait)
- Lego building
- Ask me about my Nintendo Switch
Find me on:-
- Google Plus